[RE: TRIPS TO SAUDI ARABIA FOR UMRA & HAJJ]
- We at Sky Direct Travel LTD congratulate you on your intention to visit the Noble House of Almighty Allah and the Masjid of his beloved Prophet S.A.W.
- It is indeed a very noble intention and a Journey to the two Holy Cities of Makkah and Madinah and undoubtedly the most uplifting and spiritual journey that any Muslim can undertake.
- We at Sky Direct Travel undertake to do our best to make this journey a comfortable and rewarding one for you.
- It is [Insh’Allah] unlikely that you will encounter any problems therein. However with any journey and travel, especially to countries in the Middle East, occasionally things can and sometimes do go wrong.
- Please read the terms and conditions carefully and make sure you and any companions travelling with you fully understand their contents.
- By signing this document below, you confirm that you (and each of your companions, if travelling with others) have read and understood the provisions herein and agree to be bound by them in the resolution of the contractual arrangements now made between us.
- No booking will be taken unless a deposit of £100 per passenger is paid at the time of booking.
- The full cost of flights must be paid as soon as the tickets are provisionally retained. If full payment is not received at the time the booking is confirmed no tickets will be issued and the booking will be vacated.
- The cost of the tour package must be paid 7 days from the date of the booking made.
- Failure to make payment at the due time will lead to the travel contract being terminated and the passengers will become liable for cancellation fees / charges as set out herein.
Booking Fees / Administrative Costs in the event of a cancellation prior to Departure
- This will depend on the time cancellation is made.
- Please note that the arrangements in Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage (Umrah / Hajj) depend entirely on prior bookings made by us for hotels, flights and the making of pre-paid arrangements for catering, laundry and internal transportation and transfers etc.
- For these arrangements to be effected by us as a tour operator in the UK, we have to pay authorities, agencies and organizations within Saudi Arabia in advance and usually at significant costs in order to secure and block these facilities before any of these facilities can be offered by us for onward supply to our customers.
- Once we have made pre-payment for these facilities our funds are non-refundable in accordance with local Saudi law and custom.
- Against this background the following provisions will apply to cancellation as follows: a) In the event of any cancellation from the date of the booking herein, up to and prior to 30 days from the intended date of travel we will apply a cancellation fee of £100 per passenger irrespective of age. [Please note that any deduction made by the airline for cancellation of tickets / refunds will be subjected to its standard terms and conditions and any penalty applied by the airline will be separated from our cancellation fee. Note also that some airline tickets are non-refundable. b) In the event of a cancellation made within 30 days of the intended date of travel, we will not be able to provide any refund of the Hotel/Food/Transfer elements of your package. As Far as the Flights element of your package is concerned, we will endeavor to obtain a refund from the airline concerned if you made the flight booking through us. Such endeavor to obtain a refund by us will be dependent upon the Standard Terms of Carriage of the relevant airline and will be subjected to any cancellation fee/penalty applied by them in accordance with their terms of carriage. If the cancellation is made in the event of death or a serious medical condition which is certified by a doctor of consultant status then we will make every reasonable endeavor to recover as much of the costs of i and ii above. iv. In order to assist us in making such reasonable endeavors to obtain a refund on your behalf we will require a certified copy of a death certificate or a medical report from a consultant who is able to fully set out the nature and extent of any medical condition arising and who additionally confirms that in his/her expert clinical opinion the passenger will be unfit to travel on the relevant date concerned.
Umra / Hajj Visa
- We will make every reasonable endeavor to obtain a visa from the Saudi Arabian Government / Embassy on your behalf.
- This is an administrative process over which neither we nor our agents have any direct influence or control.
- The issuing of travel visa is entirely under the control of the Saudi Arabian Government, Its Ministry of Foreign Affairs and its embassy in the United Kingdom.
- Similarly the issuing of travel visa is subject to Saudi Arabian Legal provisions, regulations, fees (declared or hidden) and quotas.
- As has happened in recent times (Ramadan 2013), such legal provisions, regulations, fees and quotas are prone to be changed at any time and often with little or no notice.
- Whilst we will take every reasonable step to obtain a visa on your behalf we cannot be held responsible if the arrangements you make with us are frustrated as a result of delays in and/or the refusal of the Saudi Arabian authorities to issue a travel visa.
- In the event of a declared fee, being applied by or at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue a MOFA serial number (essential for the visa process) then the passenger will be responsible for the payment of such a fee, without payment we will not be able to obtain a travel visa.
- The booking arrangements made by us on your behalf and in particular those relating to duration of stay in the Holy Cities and outbound and inbound flights is subject to Saudi Arabian Laws and regulations made from time to time. We will ensure our bookings are made in accordance with such provisions.
- If a passenger insists on making travel plans which contravene the applicable visa law and regulations then in the event of difficulties, refusal to travel and penalties arising or being applied either at UK airports and/or within Saudi Arabia – then all liability for such sanctions will rest with the passengers and not on us or our approved/authorized agents.
Matters relating to the Period within the Holy Cities – Saudi Arabia
- We will take every reasonable step to provide the meals indicated in your booked package.
- To this end we are dependent upon the facilities made available to us and our staff/agents at the hotels concerned.
- It is typical for such hotels to seek to accommodate a number of tour groups at one and the same time particularly during Ramadan and Hajj Seasons.
- We have no direct influence or control over the allocation of space, kitchen time or sitting space within the hotel restaurant areas.
- We urge all our passengers to exercise restraint and patience at such times remembering always the sanctity and respect necessary for the Holy Places and fellows visitors thereto.
- We will provide a complimentary laundry service as indicated in your package.
- Such service is dependent upon the use of Saudi based laundry agents and facilities.
- Any loss or damage to clothing will not be our responsibility.
- Whilst loss and damage is not common, we urge all our passengers not to send for laundry any valuable/delicate items.
- Transport is arranged on our behalf by the Saudi Arabian pilgrim transport company who at all times retain control of the type of transportation made available, the availability of seating, the times of arrival and departure and luggage carrying facilities etc.
- We urge all our passengers to follow our instructions in this regard and exercise appropriate patience and restraint.
- Hotel maintenance and housekeeping is at all times the sole responsibility of the hotel, its staff and authorized contractors.
- Passengers are advised to contact hotel reception / housekeeping / Maintenance Manager or Duty / General Manager of the Hotel in the event of any problems.
Threatening /abusive / violent conduct and behaviour
- Such behavior directed towards us, our staff, partners and / or agents will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Any one guilty of such behavior will be expelled from the tour party / hotel forthwith and the travel contract will be immediately terminated.
I confirm that I have read and understood the terms and conditions set out above. I agree to be bound by them and understand that my contractual arrangements will be determined in accordance with these terms and conditions.